Every Kid Healthy Week was established in 2013 and is observed the last full week of every April with the goal of highlighting health and wellness in schools. Action For Healthy Kids began their mission to bring awareness to student’s health after recognizing the important link between kid’s physical and mental health and their academic performance. In order to highlight how families can have a positive impact on their child’s health, Every Kid Healthy Week chooses a new focus for each day of the week.
This year, Every Kid Healthy Week promotes…
- Mental Monday: Social and Emotional Health
- Tasty Tuesday: Nutrition and Food Access
- Wellness Wednesday: Physical Activity and Active Play
- Thoughtful Thursday: Equity Awareness
- Family Friday: Family and School Partnerships
To learn more about Every Kid Healthy Week and ways to get involved, visit actionforhealthykids.org.